Thursday, February 17, 2011

A missive from the depths of The Underworld

Hello there, my devoted visitors. I have to relay a piece of horrible news. Due to a combination of several factors: a death in the family which took me away from work on Tuesday, a pending weekend of funeral services, a MAJOR computer crash at work that has kept me without any way of logging on there AT ALL from Wednesday afternoon until perhaps as late as Monday the 21st, an impending newsletter that I have to crank out by the end of next week and yet another eight-page theatre critique that is due by mid-week, I have been prevented from preparing any posts (or finding the related photos) and will not be able to do so for a short while yet. It's another "perfect storm" of events that knocks my ability to blog out of the water temporarily. I hate having to interrupt my already spotty posting this way, but it cannot be helped, I'm afraid. I may be able to put up something brief in the meantime if I can swing it. Otherwise, I plan to be back at it by Thursday the 24th ot the day after. Thank you so much for your time and attention. I will miss ruminating about classic showbiz as well as reading your own reactions and observations! i'll be back ASAP. Sincerely, Poseidon

7 comments:

normadesmond said...

my condolences.

Michael O'Sullivan said...

As a blogger myself I know how time-consuming it can be, but often real life intervenes and things have to be put on the back burner. We understand. Come back when you have the time and good luck with those obligations!

Dean said...

Take whatever time you need to deal with all those "above ground" issues. You'll be back in the Underworld soon enough. After all, you're about quality, not quantity. :-)

Ookoo Flambe' said...

So sorry for the loss of your family member. Take care.

Topaz said...

Sorry for your troubles. Will be here when you get back, waiting for more fascinating posts.

Thombeau said...

Hang in there! Try to stay centered and balanced.

A said...

Take care! Miss you already.